Research Week 2020 is a multidisciplinary annual event sponsored by the Graduate School, the Center for Research and Scholarship, and the Jerry Falwell Library. This event is designed to highlight excellent research and scholarship produced by Liberty University students.
As a result of COVID-19, Research Week 2020 was transformed into a virtual event and held April 13-17, 2020. Students created video presentations to be reviewed by subject expert judges to compete in the event.
Review of Research Week 2020
- Over 270 initial applications
- 160 final presentations (74 poster presentations, 48 oral presentations, 28 juried art, two performing arts, and eight three minute thesis)
- 12 schools and colleges represented and 65 programs of study
- 51 presentations from Health Sciences, the most represented school or college
- 36 presentations from Communications & the Arts, the second most represented school or college
- 16 presentations from Biomedical Sciences, the most represented program of study
- Presentations judged by 50 volunteer faculty judges
- 24 first place honors: 15 undergraduate and nine graduate
- 22 second place honors: 15 undergraduate and seven graduate
- 19 third place honors: 12 undergraduate and seven graduate
- Two Liberty Online students won awards