Leadership Studies | Library and Information Science | Organization Development
Evolving conditions require organizations to change. Organizational leaders must engage with stakeholders to co-create their shared future; in many cases, this involves working with groups of people. This presentation shares five techniques for facilitating effective group sessions:
- Establish and uphold rules of engagement.
- Ask specific, deliberate questions.
- Use constraints to unleash creativity.
- Use concrete resources to stimulate thinking.
- Sequence activities to achieve desired outcomes.
Smith, Gregory A., "Co-creating the Future: Working with Groups to Assess, Plan, and Innovate" (2020). Faculty Publications and Presentations. 206.